Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Written by: Teresa Criswell
Top Five Things I Was Reminded To NOT FORGET...
1. Prayer changes things??? Actually this alone is FALSE...Let it be clarified - It is GOD Who changes things and He uses prayer as one of many 'tools' to let us see change. Just like the shofar, anointing oil, prayer cloths, worship music, praise, dance, banners, fasting, etc. - those things alone don't do the change...it's WHO those things are committed to - The One True God - that changes things. However, when these things are properly used while focusing our faith in God - these things help change our perspective and mindset to completely focus on our Awesome God and get rid of doubt and walk in faith - HAVING FAITH IN GOD...FOR WHEN THIS HAPPENS THEN WE CAN SAY TO THE MOUNTAIN, 'MAY GOD LIFT YOU UP AND THROW YOU INTO THE SEA, AND YOUR COMMANDMENT WILL BE OBEYED...WE CAN TALK TO THE MOUNTAIN ALL DAY, BUT UNTIL OUR FAITH IS IN GOD, WE'LL BE DOING MORE CHATTERING THAN SEEING MOUNTAINS SHATTERING (Mark 11:22-25, Isaiah 26:3)!!!
2. When we go through tough times it makes us stronger in character! - This is partially true...but alone it's a lie...for it's ONLY when we focus on God Who sees us through that will cause us to be GENUINELY stronger in character (Philippians 3:12-14, James 1:2-4...our pastor has been teaching on this with great power)!
3. If you go to church you'll become stronger in Christ...NO!!! It's tripled with what we learn from the Holy Spirit as The Spirit helps us become equipped through the true understanding of The Word of God while meeting together as a church (Praise God for our pastor who teaches truth from The Word of God as the final authority) along with that intimate time alone with God while in His Word and in prayer that causes us to become stronger in Christ! (Ephesians 6:10-18)
4. God doesn't give us more than we can handle...NO!!! Life gives us more than we can handle - but it's through CHRIST that handles things in our lives that we could never do on our own...in our weakness HIS STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT AND COMPLETE (II Corinthians 12:1-10)
5. Paul's Thorn in the flesh was a physical ailment - FALSE!!!! The thorn in his flesh is revealed plainly in II Corinthians 12:7!!!! Do you know what it was??? It was a messenger from Satan who tormented him. And three different times he asked God to remove it...and each time God said, "MY gracious favor is all you need. My power works BEST in your weakness."
With these 'ponderings' today...here's the conclusion, the Triumphant Victorious Reminder:
Everything points back to HIM! We have given credit to the 'things of God', our past experiences and who we are for way too long and it has muddied the waters that were never meant to be muddied! We must give CREDIT TO GOD AND ONLY GOD and the things of HIM should point back directly to HIM and that is it...