Triumphant Victorious Reminders
Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Written by: Teresa Criswell
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything that is praiseworthy - meditate on these things."
~ Philippians 4:8 ~
A cloudy day embraces me as I imagine being accompanied by the fresh, steaming apple cider that bolsters from my favorite coffee mug.
Fresh baked pie, cooling down on a metal rack and Sweet Cake candles burning as the grey lit sky pierces through my windows.
I imagine sitting with you as we breathe in the moment of fresh, right now, today's present moment. The gift of today. The gift of right now. The beauty of the present moment.
With all that life and time within our life tries to suck out of us like an 'all you can drink' straw; what is it that we are truly grateful for?
As though I am gently holding onto the precious feet of my once upon a time baby...I grasp one toe at a time and say,
"This is what I am grateful for...
* Getting to talk to God whenever I want and hearing His voice through His Word.
* Getting to experience the unctions of His presence and seeing His voice displayed as pictures form before my mind.
* The moment that I can wake up my daughter with a kiss
* The ability to pray for my daughter, the words of God's blessings, as I echo the love of her God from my mouth to her ears.
* Getting to hear my husband snore for the first time in a long time.
* Getting to hold his gigantic hand as I feel protected and loved, whether we are in the car or walking in the grocery store.
* Catching a scent of his fragrance and feeling his presence come into the room, even when my eyes have not yet seen him coming around the corner.
* Refraining from childish arguments; and enjoying one another's company and laughter.
* Enjoying our son pay us a visit on his day off and seeing him enjoy one on onetime with his dad.
* Enjoying this moment right now, as my fingers dance upon the keyboard, accompanied by the melody of gratefulness to God."
What are you grateful to God for today?
For just moment; kick the distractions of technology that rob us of right now. Breathe in slowly, now slowly exhale.
Look around with great intention and be moved by the beauty of gratefulness.
Be moved, drawing closer to the One to Whom we get to be grateful to...and that is our Awesome God Who allows us this very moment.